WHAT IS IT??
Dress Down Fundraisers are typically scheduled for the first Friday of the month. They are optional. Scholars may choose to "dress down" in exchange for a $1 donation to the school. This is a simple, fun way for families to support NWA. Past fundraisers have gone toward the purchase of an electronic marquee and new playground equipment. This year we are fundraising to upgrade the audio system for the gym. Dress down clothing must still follow the general clothing provisions of the Dress Code Policy as outlined in the Parent/Scholar Handbook. These provisions include:
- Tank tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps and bare midriff shirts may not be worn
- Shoes must be closed toe and heel
- No hats
On Dress Down Fundraiser Days, clothing should be neat, well kept, and practical for school.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will funds be collected?
Administration and office staff will collect money in the gym as scholars enter and give each scholar a receipt for their donation. If a scholar arrives late on a Dress Down Fundraiser Day, their donation will be collected in the office when they check in. Remind your children to bring their $1 donation on that morning.
If approximately 80% of our scholars, staff and administration participate monthly we can earn over $4,000 this year with absolutely no overhead cost.
Wait–Doesn’t the PO do all the fundraising?
The PO is responsible for some amazing fundraising, but they are a separate organization from the school. 100% of funds collected on Dress Down Fundraiser Days will be used toward the purchase of new audio equipment.
How can I help!?
We have three messages we’d like you to hear loud and clear:
- Dress Down Fundraiser Day is completely optional. A scholar may simply wear a uniform on that day, and bring no donation.
- Encourage the students to earn their own dollar for Dress Down Fundraiser Day. Our children are natural entrepreneurs. If supported, they will come up with creative ways to earn money for their Dress Down Fundraiser Day. This is their chance to have an impact on their own.
- Every dollar generated is an immediate and full donation to the school with no overhead cost! Please consider, and remind your children that $1 is a donation. They will be proud and excited to know they personally contributed.
I have questions or comments. Who can I talk to?
You may send questions and/or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at 801-426-6624. If you have real grievances, don't keep them a secret - tell us directly!