Visit the Special Education Class Website by clicking on the link on the left menu.
Noah Webster Academy is dedicated to the personal and academic excellence of all students, including those with learning difficulties and English Language Learners. Our teaching strategies are designed to assist all learning styles, and are not only highly effective in teaching non-special education students but also those with disabilities. Our Special Education team is directed by Mrs. Barlow, who graduated with a degree in Special Education and holds a Utah Teaching License. She is supported by conscientious and dedicated personnel, including a speech therapist, psychologist, and occupational therapist.
Special Education staff will:
- Perform student assessments and evaluations
- Conduct group and/or individual remediation
- Manage IEPs (Individual Education Plans)
- Act as a resource for classroom teachers to help address special needs and/or accommodations in the classroom setting
- Provide opportunities for meeting between parents, classroom teachers, and other professionals as needed